PRECISE is a multidisciplinary consultancy, offering a diverse range of environmental and occupational hygiene services. We are focused on providing clients with quality, innovative and cost-effective solutions.
Due to an increasing workload, PRECISE has a vacancy in Dunedin for a HAZMAT Consultant who can hit the ground running. Reporting to the Dunedin Branch Coordinator, this position would ideally suit any person looking to develop a career consulting on hazardous materials within the built environment.
Key activities of this role include:
- HAZMAT and asbestos surveying
- Asbestos air monitoring and clearances
- Asbestos sample collection
Desirable Qualifications & Experience:
- Previous industry experience in a similar role is desirable however an understanding of asbestos issues and the willingness to learn a number of occupational and environmental disciplines is essential
- Experience undertaking site work and a SiteSafe Passport is desirable
- A sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- High level interpersonal skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Focused and driven for continual improvement
- Be a ‘self-starter’ and ability to work autonomously
The ideal candidate will provide a “can do” attitude to the work environment and clients. If this sounds like you and if you have the technical ability and passion for working in a highly dynamic team we want to hear from you.
In return, we offer a professional and fun working environment and culture, training and development programs, technology driven processes and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people.
Note that for this role a valid Driver’s Licence and excellent driving history is mandatory. Criminal and Employment health checks may also be necessary.
Out of hours and weekend work will be a requirement in this role.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.